Friday, September 6, 2024

It's a rap!

Last year in the summer I experimented with creating a major key version of Schubert's Erlkönig, and then before long, I'd added new English lyrics and eventually a voice to sing them in a post called: "It talks." So, perhaps it's no surprise that, having created a mashup of Vivaldi's Concerto in A Minor with Dr. Dre's Still D.R.E., I realized I needed to create a rap to go with this new/old beat.

So I did, and though it's pretty silly, perhaps some music history profs will find it useful to help teach Vivaldi; the Red Priest drops some knowledge here students might want to know. Although I will likely find some need to tweak this more (getting the mix to work is a challenge - not so different from being an orchestrator/conductor), I'm going to release into the wild so you can use it for your cool weekend parties.

Piece out!


No comments: