Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Neverending Sequence

A few extra points about yesterday's post. First of all, I love the way this picture intersects with the audio of me playing Vivaldi. Too bad the audio doesn't loop endlessly. (Click pic to hear.)


[By the way, I swiped the image from here.]

Secondly, since I'd actually done the audio mash-up of Rachmaninoff and Tchaikovsky back in December, I'd forgotten about one of my favorite little details that my wife pointed out last night - Rachmaninoff's piano arpeggios merge quite gracefully into Tchaikovsky's harpeggios. That was more or less dumb luck.

Finally, speaking of looping endlessly, I thought it would be fun to create an mp3 of the Tchaikovsky sequence that can go on forever. You can download it here. Technically, it only lasts for 2:46, but if you set your mp3 player to repeat, it can keep going, and going, and going . . . I've had it playing for about 15 minutes and I still seem to have my wits about me. Perhaps I should keep a journal. I do feel like something big is gonna happen any second now.

No comments: