Saturday, November 17, 2007

Killing me softly

I'm a well-trained musical snob with an embarrassing ignorance when it comes to all things pop. I've been sitting here working on a pretentious post in which I try to explain something beautiful and subtle in Mozart, but a little channel-grazing led me to the long-playing version of this:



The YouTube version is a disappointing 4 minutes long, the one that I'm currently watching is 30 minutes long, but the truth is I could probably watch it for hours. I can't explain it, but I find these bizarre people endlessly fascinating, much to the dismay of my longsuffering bride. The Mozart post isn't going to make it up tonight, but I thought I'd share this little piece of myself.

1 comment:

MICHAEL MONROE said...

Infomercial dialogue doesn't get any cleverer than this: "You know, some people like a fine wine. Others like an ice cold beer. But in 1979, everyone seemed to be reaching for a..."