Friday, July 27, 2007

The Rite of Springfield

Today, of course, is the big day of the Simpsons movie debut. Life with a newborn means I'm not sure when I'll actually get to see it; the truth is, I haven't really been a faithful viewer for 7 or 8 years and, like many, I've always felt Seasons 1-8 were the peak years, but I still recognize the arrival of the movie as a momentous occasion. Having discovered the SimpsonizeMe site, I had big plans to put some of our great composers into "yellow" form, but that site has apparently been completely overwhelmed and is hardly functioning at times. I had labored much too long over a couple of characters who then got lost by the sympstem, so I'm just going to go with this one. If you're not sure who he is, you can click on him for a big hint. (In an ideal world, I would've come up with images for this and this as well.) [UPDATE: More on translating into Simpson.]

No comments: