Wednesday, February 17, 2010

...for the lazy among you

Following up on yesterday's post: just in case you didn't take the time to try out your own mash-up of the two videos cited, I've done the work here for you. I've chosen what I think is an optimal entry point for the oboe; I believe it's close to what our student oboist chose on Monday. However, I didn't make any other changes to the audio - both performances simply proceed on their own, and yet there are some astonishing moments where they seem to be listening to each other. The passage at 1:15 probably stands out the most, but I also like 0:48-0:55 and the way the last fading oboe note [2:40] is matched by a ritard in the marimba. Our live performance did not time out quite as neatly as this one does.



I'll have more to say about these uncanny connections in posts to come...

No comments: