Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Re-mixed Multimedia Musing Machine

I've spent the first part of my 'Thanksgiving Wednesday' being thankful there are no classes today and updating the 'ol MMmusing Multimedia Musing Machine over there in the margin. It hadn't been tweaked since March, so there was lots to add, which puts the number of possible random outcomes at well over 100. I'm quite proud of this little homemade widget; it's not as automated as I'd like, but refilling it is a fun way to revisit various topics from the past months and to remember that I have posted a lot of material in spite of not blogging as frequently as I'd like. George Costanza once said, while trying to impress a NYC tour guide who thought he'd just moved in from Arkansas, "You know if you take everything I've ever done in my entire life and condense it down into one day... it looks decent." To paraphrase, "if you take everything I've ever done in my entire blogging career and condense it down into one post...it looks decent."

There are lots of terrific music blogs out there, but I think mine can at least claim to have a higher-than-normal number of self-generated multimedia creations, for whatever that's worth. Yes, the MMmMmMM does link to some content created by others that I merely cited to make a point, but I can still take the blame for most of what you'll land on if you take it for a spin. And the great thing is, if you don't like where you land, you can just spin it again. Hopefully, you'll land on something interesting. Next step: update the Index.

No comments: